Latest Oil Plant Attack Demonstrates 'Zero Protected Locations in the Russian Far Hinterland'
Ukraine's UAVs have hit the Russian Bashneft processing plant in the city of Ufa, situated approximately 1,400 km from the Ukrainian border, causing blasts and a fire, as reported by a insider in Ukraine's intelligence agency.
This marks the 3rd Ukrainian security service long-range attack in the region in the recent weeks. These strikes demonstrate that there are no protected areas in the far hinterland of the Russia.
Ukrainian President Calls On US President to Facilitate Peace in the Conflict
Volodymyr Zelenskyy called on Donald Trump to broker peace in Ukraine over a telephone conversation on Saturday.
"When a conflict can be ended in a single area, then undoubtedly additional conflicts can be halted as well, covering the Russian war," he remarked, hailing the US President's "outstanding" Middle East peace initiative and requesting the US president to influence the Russian government into negotiations.
Moscow's Assaults Take Casualties in Ukraine
Strikes by Russia on Ukraine claimed the lives of five people on Saturday and cut power to parts of the southern Odesa region, per authorities in Ukraine.
A pair of individuals lost their lives within a religious building in the town when it was struck, according to municipal sources.
In the Russian border region of the Belgorod region, a lorry operator was fatally wounded by a drone assault, per local officials.
Electricity Restoration Operations in Kyiv
Work continued on Saturday to restore power in the Ukrainian capital, after assaults.
Energy had been restored to in excess of 800,000 residents by Saturday and the major power firm said the main work to repair the grid was complete though certain disruptions continued.
Anti-Aircraft Operations and UAV Jamming
The Ukrainian air defences intercepted or jammed 54 of seventy-eight UAVs from Russia launched targeting the country in the dark hours, the air force reported on Saturday.
The Russian defense officials said it eliminated 42 Ukrainian drones over Russian territory.
Cuban Government Refutes Claims of Providing Soldiers to the War
Cuba on the weekend denied US claims it has deployed soldiers to engage in the hostilities, while declaring officials in Havana "do not have exact information about individuals" participating "independently" or "as part of the armed units of the conflicting parties".
The government department in the capital stated 26 nationals had been convicted to incarceration ranging from 5 to 14 years for mercenary involvement since September 2023 when reports circulated of Cuban nationals being deployed to the frontlines in the conflict.
I Want to Live Project Reports Details on Cuban National Recruitment
I Want to Live, a Ukrainian government program that urges enemy combatants to lay down arms, reported in May: "Our information indicates the personal data of one thousand and twenty-eight Cubans who signed contracts with the Russian military in 2023-2024."
The Cuban foreign ministry stated of those who might be participating: "Undeniably that no individual possesses the support, commitment, or authorization of the Cuban authorities for their actions."
Kin of Cuban nationals who departed to Russia in the year told Agence France-Presse at the time that their loved ones had been misled into enlisting through promotions on digital networks.